Long Weekend
WOOHOO! Long weekend! :|
Let's start with Friday.
Friday:
I went to an event held by my college. I highly recommend doing this - you'll meet new people and you'll have fun! I promise. Also, step out of your comfort zone! An acquaintance from my college orientation session back in June invited me to go to a local dinner held in our school's visitor center. It had local Vermont food (apple crispppppppp!) and dancing. This dancing was no ordinary dancing, it was CONTRA DANCING. Look it up. It's so much fun. Now, I'm an awkward overweight woman who does not feel comfortable shaking my booty. However, I went out and did contra dancing with people whom I barely knew and I had FUN! I wasn't embarrassed, or thinking about how I looked, I was just enjoying the fact that I was laughing. So I got back to my dorm around 9 p.m. and a hardcore party was going on on my dorm floor. My floormates were pre-gaming (drinking before they go drinking) and were making loads of noise! It was insane. Especially since I had never really been around underage drinking, so I was realllyyyy out of my element. No worries. I just secluded myself in my room. Then one of my floormates who doesn't drink texted me and invited me to her room to hang out. So I went to her room and we hung out until midnight. I fell asleep after the cops had come to the dorm three times, around 3 in the morning. WTH college!?
Saturday:
I slept in until noon. Shocker? Then I showered and read a book for a little bit. Pretty tame college life. Then my friends from the other night who invited me to their room were bored and decided to go outside to do SOMETHING, anything really. So we went to a college baseball game, mostly because there were free hot dogs. Yummy. Then we went back to their dorm and watched "The Dark Night." So much fun. Not to mention the fact that they make me laugh - something I've been short on ever since I got to college.
Sunday:
I woke up around 9. That's pretty normal. I've done my laundry...and dishes. I'm so responsible. Then I did some homework - not all of it. Now, I'm typing this and thinking about what I'm going to do tomorrow and Tuesday. I have no classes on Tuesday, so I'm not entirely sure how to use my time. I guess I could take the city bus somewhere tomorrow and just explore - but, I feel like reading outside all weekend, especially after all the crazy-ness that was Friday. Reading seems normal to me, and home-y. That party was such a new and anxiety inducing experience. I'm sure by the time I get to Thanksgiving I'll be over it - but being such an innocent child, wow - that was new. Oh well - college is experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment